How to Cook your Eggs in an Orange’s Skin
Bush walking in Australia could nearly be classed as a national pastime. There are a broad range of treks and walking tracks set out all over the country.
For the “any” bush walker, one of the key aspects of trip planning is to travel light. With this in mind, I’d like to share a little camp fire cooking method that can save some weight.
How to Cook your Eggs in an Orange’s Skin:
- Build a small fire and let it burn down.
- Move some of the remaining coals to one side.
- Cut an orange in half and scoop out the flesh inside to create two orange skin cups.
- Crack an egg into each half of orange skin.
- Place the orange skin cups on the coals and cook your eggs to satisfaction.
- Enjoy your tasty meal outdoors!
So, for a hearty and healthy breakfast while camping/hiking start by eating a fresh orange and then use the peel to enjoy your eggs!
Don’t throw away that orange, it’s my frying pan!
Author: Peter Armstrong
Edited By: CampTrip.com